Monday, June 27, 2011

Shenkin Street Tel Aviv

I was sitting  with my lovely niece Gali at a pleasant cafe in the middle of the Shenkin Street strip in downtown Tel Aviv. We were watching the people walk by and I was photographing. Next to us sat two girls with heavy make up and colorful nails. I asked them if I could do their portraits and they readily agreed. It turned out the were high school seniors from the city of Lod. Their names were Nicole and Violet.  I could not think about Diane Arbus portrait of a Blond with a Shiny  Lipstick     When I took the photographs. After a while Violet gave me one of the best compliments I ever got, saying " you made me feel good about myself"

 As they were ready to leave they asked me to take a last photograph of them
  Some more from the same afternoon



No comments: