Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Photographic Artifact U.S.A 1850s

Recently I received this 1850s portrait from the U.S.A.  It is an Ambrotype which is a later version of a Daguerreotype on a darkened glass.  I find that it smaller size ( which was termed as a 1/6 plate) which fits in my hand creates a particular intimacy for this one of a kind photographic artifact.  The magenta and gold tones add to its mystique and one can only speculate who is the young man with his clear eyes  who is gazing at me across the sea of temporality. 



 

3 comments:

OZsupplier said...

I all the time used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.

---------------------------
cattle exports | livestock exports | beef exports

Michael Babbage said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

roth phallyka said...

I am a user of internet so from now I am using net for posts


gclub online

สูตรบาคาร่า