Thursday, October 31, 2013

Falcons' box 31 October 2013

 Some time ago I had the idea of building a nesting box for the Common Kestrels (Falco tinnunculusthat are common residents in this area.  I went to the cabinetmaker shop and together we built the box from leftover materials. The idea was to hang it high on a tree. As this was a difficult undertaking the box lingered unused in the storage shed.  Today I woke up to hear the tree trimmers working with a boom and a cage next to my house.  They were very cooperative and together we were able to place the nesting box high on a pine tree that they have just finished trimming.  Hopefully the kestrels will find it accomodating and will use it for raising their next generation.

1 comment:

A Zee said...

I guess you are nature loving person :) by the way its great work done .Now just wait to let them find it :)